Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Terrapin Side project! MONK's Revenge

Wow. This is something else. An old friend msg'd me yesterday saying it was hard to notice IBU's over 60... well something is over 60 here.

from the Terrapin Website.
This Belgian IPA has a malt bill of a Belgian Tripel and a hop bill of a Double IPA. The yeast I chose for this beer comes from one of the 7 Trappist breweries.
Believe it or not, this is the first time in my professional brewing career that I have used dextrose (corn syrup) in a Terrapin brew. True to style no doubt.
“Monk’s Revenge” otherwise known as the “Big Nasty” has all the flavor and aroma of a Double IPA while hidden beneath lies the malt character of a fine Belgian Tripel.
I hope you enjoy my interpretation of this very fun style.
Cheers! Spike
Monk’s Revenge: Belgian Style Double India Pale Ale Malts: 2-Row Malt, Pilsner malt, Munich, Special Aroma, Pale Crystal, Acidulated Hops: Magnum, Columbus, Chinook, Centennial, Amarillo, Cascade, Simco Adjuncts: Dextrose
OG: 19.7 ABV: 9.8% FG: 2.1 IBUs: 99

No comments:

Followers

About The Brewery

My photo
Kennesaw, Georgia
We are a Nano Brewery opening November 2011 in Kennesaw GA. I'm a Beer Drinker. Punk Rock Record Collector. Football watcher. Ex TvNewsPatriot.