Thursday, November 27, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
This is AMAZING....Transforming himself and his sound... (with help from jah womble and Keith Levene) Johnny Rotten ... takes a history breaking stance.... this is SO good.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
1. New York/New England... The Jets X
2. Denver/Atlanta... The Falcons X
3. Baltimore/New York ... The Giants X
4. Minnesota/Tampa Bay... The Buccaneers X
5. Oakland/Miami... The Dolphins X
6. Detroit/Carolina... The Panthers X
7. Philadelphia/Cincinnati... The Eagles X
8. Chicago/Green Bay... Da Bears X
9. New Orleans/Kansas City... The Saints X
10. Houston/Indianapolis... The Colts X
11. St. Louis/San Francisco... The 49er's X
12. Arizona/Seattle... The Cardinals X
13. Tennessee/Jacksonville... The Jaguars X
14. San Diego/Pittsburgh... The Steelers X
15. Dallas/Washington... The Redskins X
16. Cleveland/Buffalo... The Bills. X
I was 10/14 last week... here goes.
UPDATE. I went 11/16. i'm counting the Tie in the philadelphia game as a win ok? The bears sucked. The falcons blew it.
I haven't had this year's version... but historical tastings have been legendary.
I love the idea of beer and coffee... "Hey pal! Wake up to pass out!"
This is first on my list when we land in Mineral Bluff tonight.
LIVE AT THE MASQUE by Brendan Mullen.
The piney not so winey Anchor Christmas is here.
Of course... I had to drink one as soon as I got home. (No... I've never drank a beer in the car...while I was the driver ok?).
Another awesome addition to the Anchor stable of year after year legacy beers.
Cheers and Merry Xmas...6 weeks early.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The Victims "Television Addict" Another from my collection.
It was co-written by singer-guitarist Dave Faulkner (known at the time as Dave Flick) and drummer James Baker. The slow, menacing, bass line, played by Rudolph V (Dave Cardwell), is also a prominent feature of the recording. The Victims released the single independently in late 1977 or early 1978 (sources vary), with "I'm Flipped Out Over You" on the B-side.
Lyrically, "Television Addict" revolves around a youth "who went out and shot someone", and whose lawyer then attributes his actions to violence on television: "blame the ratings for his crime." The song is, in large part, a satirical comment on the tendency to blame popular culture for crime, rather than individuals, or broader social problems. The song ends by questioning why other social phenomena are not attributed to TV programs: "just because I watch Dinah Shore, doesn't mean my brain has slipped, doesn't mean anything — at all."
The band broke up in 1979. During the mid-1980s, Baker and Faulkner were briefly reunited in the Hoodoo Gurus, who sometimes performed "Television Addict" as an encore. The Hoodoo Gurus (without Baker) later recorded "Television Addict", and issued it as a bonus track on Crank (2005 re-issue).'
My picks were done last thursday... i just didnt get a chance to post them cos i was travelling. here they are...and i did pretty well. 10/14! a personal high!
1 Denver/Cleveland .... The Browns x
2. Tennessee/Chicago... The Bears X
3. Jacksonville/Detroit ... The Jaguars X
4. Baltimore/Houston ... The Ravens X
5. Buffalo/New England ... The Patriots X
6. New Orleans/ Atlanta ... The Falcons X
7. Seattle/Miami ... The Dolphins X
8. Green Bay /Minnesota... The Packers X
9. St. Louis/New York... The Jets X
10. Carolina/Oakland... The Panthers X
11. Indianapolis/Pittsburgh... The Colts X
12. Kansas City/San Diego X
13. New York/Philadelphia X
14. San Francisco/Arizona X
whoo hoo! see ya next week!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The latest on OLD WOODEN HEAD... the keg is gone...all known bottles emptied. Next brewing batch will be OWH 2.0 ... revised.
1. NIXON.... Gin ... lots of it.
2. CLINTON.... Red Bull and vodka. you know ...bill is "stupid fresh" and ready to party.
3. BUSH 1.... Peppermint Schnapps... Barb's drink.
4. FORD ... Seagram's VO
5. REAGAN... Schweppes and a hint of whiskey... Nancy measured the shots.
6. CARTER... Southern Comfort.
7. EISENHOWER... JAGER! ... raided from Adolf's bunker.
8. TRUMAN.. White Lightning... the buck stopped there.
9. KENNEDY.... he never looked... what ever Frank poured.
10. BUSH 2.... Rove's Kool Aid Cider... hmmm mmmm... bad.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Well... I did a bit better last week. 9/14... is much better than two weeks of 7/14.
So here goes.
1.New York/Buffalo.... The Bills X
2.Detroit/Chicago .... The Bears X
3. Jacksonville/Cincinnati.... The Jaguars X
4. Baltimore/Cleveland ....The Ravens X
5. Green Bay / Tennessee .... The Packers X
6. Arizona/St. Louis.... The Cardinals X
7. Miami/Denver.... The Dolphins X
8. Atlanta/Oakland.... The Falcons X
9. Philadelphia/Seattle.... The Eagles X
10. New England/Indianapolis.... The Patriots X
11. Pittsburgh/Washington... The Redskins X
12. Tampa Bay/Kansas City.... The Buccaneers X
13. Houston/Minnesota.... The Vikings X
14. Dallas/ New York.... The Giants.X
ok? let's see how i do.
UPDATE Tuesday... 9/14 again. this week was a pretty easy one... so I can't say i'm happy. The only real one i'm proud of calling is the Denver Miami game. DUH!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
"We Got The Neutron Bomb" B/W "Solitary Confinement"
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (47)
- ► 2009 (59)
- ADD THIS.
- it's 1:40 AM in Mineral Bluff GA.
- Double Bastard tale is TRUE!
- Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster OAKED on tap.
- The Brewmeister's Picks. Early for a change.
- Punk Rock Jukebox #4
- Rumor Mill
- On The Shelves NOW
- Punk Rock Library #1
- Merry Freaking Xmas.
- Punk Rock Jukebox #3
- Beer Out Of Town!
- Brewmeister's Picks... kinda late.
- The BISH. Update.
- But is he a beer drinker?
- The Brewmeister's Picks 11/2
- PUNK ROCK JUKEBOX #2
- ▼ November (18)