Gen. Leonidas Polk's Headquarters State Historical Marker
Burnt Hickory Rd. one mile west of Carnes Rd. in Cobb County, Ga
GEN. LEONIDAS POLK'S
G.W. Hardage house; June 10-14, 1864 After
withdrawing his corps from Lost Mtn. June 9, Polk's H'dq'rs. [CS] were at the
John Kirk house 1 mi. W. on this rd. June 10, h'dq'rs. were moved to Hardage
Sun. June 12. The Bishop-General read the church service (Episcopal)
for his staff, escort, and the Hardage family.
June 14. Polk rode with Johnston, Hardee & others to Pine Mtn. to inspect Bate's [CS] line at that advanced outpost. While there, Polk was killed by a Federal shell.
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953
Thursday, October 16, 2008
More on The "Real" FIGHTING BISHOP
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (47)
- ► 2009 (59)
- Celebrate... The BEER!
- Halloween 2008
- You Don't Know DICK! (Yuengling ...That is!)
- Punk Rock Jukebox #1
- Boston Brewings ... something good? look.
- Back again to really screw it up
- Rudy Ray Moore DEAD. Long Live Dolemite!
- BEERS YOU GET CANT HERE #1
- Old Wooden Head Pale Ale.
- The Brewmeister's PICKS Week 10/19
- Great American Beer Fest Results.
- GAMMA RAY is here.
- GET OUT THE VOTE! (beer style)
- More on The "Real" FIGHTING BISHOP
- BISHOP TASTING
- The Fighting Bishop ABBEY STYLE ALE
- Stoned in Georgia
- Opening of the web page here on blogspot
- ▼ October (18)